Join Our Team!
Position: Administrative Coordinator
Seeking: A creative, entrepreneurial and motivated individual with extraordinary relationship management skills and a love for systems, processes and organization. Experience driving social change preferred; passion for social impact required.
Overview: The new Staff of a rapidly-growing nonprofit, in the service to LGBTQ Elders, within a dynamic social impact agency, are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and motivated Administrative Coordinator (AC). The AC will be a critical member of the Generations Aging With Pride team responsible for performing, coordinating and overseeing administrative duties while providing an extensive level of support to Staff. The AC will help staff make the best use of their time and will be relied upon heavily to ensure that work is handled efficiently and with the highest level of service.
Initial and Ongoing Responsibilities Include:
- Receiving and directing visitors and clients;
- Performing general clerical duties including photocopying, database maintenance and mailing;
- Maintaining electronic and (when necessary) hard copy filing systems;
- Maintaining website content and calendars to remain current;
- Handling requests for information and data;
- Maintaining all bookkeeping tasks with Executive Director;
- Preparing written responses to routine inquiries;
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails;
- Recording, compiling, and distributing minutes and action items of meetings;
- Maintaining office supply inventories and coordinating maintenance of office equipment;
- Coordinating and maintaining records for staff, telephones, parking, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Key core competencies of this individual include: adaptability; organization; proactive anticipation of needs; communication skills, client service; team player; computer/technical skills (Microsoft Office and WordPress); understanding of bookkeeping/accounting concepts (Quickbooks); judgment and broad understanding of social change concepts.
Other qualifications include:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written format, with variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to manage project workflow, juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Innovative and solutions oriented – demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, and flexibility in approach to project assignments;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to interact and perform in a fastpaced, team-oriented environment;
- Love of and appreciation for systems and processes;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and working knowledge of WordPress website development;
- Strong bookkeeping skills with a working knowledge of QuickBooks and an understanding of broad accounting concepts;
- Self-motivated, curious, idealistic, passionate and modest.
Salary: Part-Time hourly rate
Please submit inquiries or resumes and cover letters expressing interest to email@example.com