- This event has passed.
All-Trans Support Group
January 9 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm PSTFree
Every Wednesday from 7pm – 9pm, Ingersoll holds their All-Trans, Non-Binary, and questioning peer-facilitated support group at the offices of Seattle Counseling Services (1216 Pine St Suite 300 Seattle, Washington 98101).
Free peer support group, with occasional break out groups for Significant Others, Friends, Family, and Allies.
This group is the foundation of all of Ingersoll’s programming, and also provides a great place for trans*, transgender, gender variant, genderqueer, questioning, friends, family and community allies to come together for information and mutual support.
They meet every Wednesday, even holidays, no exceptions.
Each week, our support group starts with a check in, followed by community announcements, and then a group discussion. Depending on the night, we will offer several different group discussion formats. Here’s a breakdown of what they are:
- 1st Wednesday of the month: Breakout groups for trans feminine people, trans masculine people, SOFFAs (significant others, friends, family, and allies), All Gender Expressions (AGE). They also host a QLaw Clinic, wherein attendees can meet one-on-one with a legal advisor to discuss civil law issues.
- 2nd Wednesday of the month: They meet as a single, large group.
- 3rd Wednesday of the month: They break out into small groups based on topics chosen by attendees and also host SOFFA and STEEP (Seattle Transgender Economic Empowerment Project) break out groups.
- 4th Wednesday of the month: They meet as a single, large group.
- 5th Wednesday of the month (if there is one!): They offer various workshops as well as a discussion group to provide support. Check the calendar to see what workshops will be offered next! If you are interested in offering a workshop please email them at email@example.com for more information.