In downtown Seattle, the Pike Market Senior Center strives to make each day better and safer for older adults; the Pike Market Food Bank serves people of all ages who face hunger. Together, we provide services, activities, and support that lead to more self sufficient and fulfilling lives.
The Pike Market Senior Center has three major programs, Senior Nutrition, Social Services, and Wellness/Engagement.
- Senior Nutrition - PMSC serves two free meals to adults age 55 and older every day of the week. Please see our nondiscrimination policy.
- Social Services and Resident Advocacy - Social workers are available to help clients find shelter and housing, access medical care, and to connect seniors with assistance programs like social security and food stamps. Residents of the housing within Pike Place Market are served by the Resident Advocate to ensure they receive the support necessary for them to remain independent and healthy.
- Wellness-Engagement - PMSC offers fitness, art classes, trips and other activities to promote health and social engagement. A full schedule of classes and activities is available in the monthly newsletter, Parsley, Sage and Time (available online on our front page).
- People of any age my visit the Pike Market Senior Center to select food for their dog or cat. We offer two cans and one bag of pet food per person, while supplies last. This service is offered through the very kind support of the Seattle Humane.
- Community and Social Activities
- Food and Nutrition Planning
- Food and Nutrition Support
- Housing Information and Assistance