Heart Healthy Eating and Lifestyle
February 28 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm PSTFree
February 28th, 2019 at 6:30 PM at GenPRIDE Center
Ever wonder what the Mediterranean diet is and how to go about using it?
February is heart month! Come celebrate YOUR heart and that of your loved ones and learn eating patterns and lifestyle habits that support heart health.
Dawn Jae is a registered dietitian and diabetes educator and will share evidenced-based eating patterns that support heart health such as the Mediterranean diet.
Our Workshop is great for a wide demographic of folks and reasons:
– Anyone who has had a heart attack
– Caregivers/partners of people who have a heart attack
– 31% of African American males aged 65-74 have heart disease (NHANES)
– 45% of African American men 75 and older have heart disease (NHANES)
– Cardiovascular disease is the 2nd leading cause of death for Hispanic/Latinos behind cancer (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
Dawn is a registered dietitian nutritionist who is passionate about using food as medicine. She has a special interest diabetes management (type 1 and type 2) and prevention. Dawn also specializes in weight management/weight loss, pre-diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension and general nutrition
Focusing on the whole person and using a whole foods approach, Dawn works closely with each patient to design a management plan that fits with their lifestyle. Dawn understands there is no “one size fits all” and brings an individualized approach with each patient. Utilizing her interpersonal skills, Dawn takes the time to get to know each of her patients allowing for space to discover small, meaningful, changes that have a big impact on their health.